The Lufkin Road Middle School Athletic Booster Club is a volunteer non-profit organization 501(c)3. The purpose of the Lufkin Booster Club is to provide financial support to the athletic programs of Lufkin Road Middle School; to generate a spirit of awareness and enthusiasm for these athletic programs; and to promote interscholastic athletics as a means of improving the physical condition, enhancing the mental well-being, and strengthening the moral fiber of the students at Lufkin. Become a member today!
What Does the Booster Club Do?
- Financially supports ALL Lufkin athletic teams (9):
- Boys – Football, Basketball, Soccer, Track
- Girls – Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, Track, Cheerleading
- Boosters raise $20,000 annually to support and grow Lufkin Athletic programs
(WCPSS contributes $2620 annually, about $291 per team – Boosters pays the difference)
- Raises funds to pay for uniforms, sports equipment, assistant coaches, bus drivers, score keepers, end of season receptions, awards, trophies, training/first aid supplies, field maintenance, and special projects like equipment sheds, bleachers, ice machines.
- Partner with the coaches to serve as team parents and team fundraiser coordinators